Monday, May 18, 2009

Picture this.

I like taking pictures just as much as the average person. Just because I have camera and *know how to use it doesn't make me a photographer but I tend to believe what does make us one is the way in which we capture the moment. I have a Samsung Coolpix my dad purchased for me last year for my birthday and I still haven't figured out all the functions so I don't consider myself a pro by any means.


The types of pictures I deeply enjoy taking are not your average "smile" and click - it's done. Nope. Most of what I enjoy is taking pictures while driving and I think I've managed the art of being really still and knowing exactly what conditions are suitable for so. Also, it helps to have your window down or at least clean, yes I've learned this from experience.

I mostly enjoy taking pictures of bridges and sky's.

A few examples are found below.




LOVE LOVE LOVE this bridge picture...

it reminds me of California and this wicked re-occurring dream I had when I was younger.



Knowing there was not enough time to even turn my body around in the back seat of the car to get this shot I held my camera up to the side of my head and without looking took what I believe to be an awesome picture.



Mountains in Virginia and an old rusted, faded green iron bridge.



I was at a stop light and couldn't help but capture this
storm a brewing with bits of sun light peeking through.


OK so this one doesn't quite fit the mold but I did take it from my car and it does have a sky in it and a railing that could be considered a bridge, right? Maybe not... but in any case I like the picture for some reason and so included it must be.

Moral of this story.

Even if you don't know the right way to do something,
don't worry, don't hesitate
it doesn't mean you're not doing it right.

No comments: