Monday, August 16, 2010

I finally got up the nerve...


I love to visit Fresh Market to pick up organic fruits and veggies, fresh fish and sliced meat and cheese from the deli counter as much as the next person but I may go a little more than any one person should. Not that the really cute check-out guy has anything to do with it. His hair is such a sweet shade of blonde, his cheeks glow with excitement as he speaks to me and I just want to pinch his little butt and assure him life would be great with me. So I finally got up the nerve to talk to him after I had been in there more than 5 times without seeing him... I had already thought my life was over and that he switched stores or didn't work there anymore so this was my chance, my only chance. I began with the most basic line as I approached check out... "Hiya... How are ya? you know I thought you didn't work here anymore, it's been awhile since I've seen you"...... "Yeah, I just got married, I was gone on my honeymoon" ..... WHAT? yeah, so as you can only imagine my response was a fake "Awwwwwwwa. Congratulations, who's the lucky lady... blah blah friggity blah...." and that folks is why you should try to speak your mind more often. I coulda changed that boys life.

No comments: